Hadoop >> mail # user >> Multi-threaded map task

Re: Multi-threaded map task
Thanks for the reply Nitin, but I don't see what's the bottleneck of having
it distributed with multi-threaded maps ?

I see your point in that each map is processing different splits, but my
question is if each map task had 2 threads multiplexing  or running in
parallel if there is enough cores to process the same split, wouldn't that
be faster with enough cores?

Mark