Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.6.0 Feature Freeze

Re: 1.6.0 Feature Freeze
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I think a week extension would be good for projects that are under
> >> review, but I don't think it should be extended for development on
> >> those features (except to address issues from the review). This would
> >> also encourage people to push something potentially disruptive to
> >> ReviewBoard instead of committing at the last minute and having to
> >> revert it later. That would allow us to review stuff that has been
> >> ready, but not committed because people have been busy finishing other
> >> features for the feature freeze and haven't had time to review it yet.
> >>

> > Just to make sure I'm reading this right:
> >
> > you're saying we include things that are in review board as of the
> > original feature freeze date? And then they get pushed
> post-feature-freeze
> > date once their reviews have iterated to acceptance?
> >

> If I am interpreting Chris' proposal correctly, I like it better than a
> general one week extension.
>
> In addition to the benefits he lists, I think it also makes us much more
> likely to get 1-commit-per-ticket, which I'm a huge fan of.
>
> --
> Sean

So I am interpreting it as all code modifications must be into the codebase
or review board by the freeze date. Which could be beneifical, however-
1. What about the case where a patch needs to be modified? What if it's a
really minor change vs. a major change? Where's the line?
2. In the case of features that have multiple subtasks, they have
complementing features that  NEED to exist to make the main feature
usable/maintainable. What happens if we don't get those in?