Hive >> mail # user >> Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-14, 10:35
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-14, 10:44
+
Ted Reynolds 2012-12-14, 17:10
+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-17, 13:44
Re: Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?
Krishna,
I usually put it in my home directory and that works. Did you try that?
HIVE-2911, adds another location to where it can be picked up from. If your
present version supports .hiverc (which is most likely the case), home
directory should work as well.

Mark

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Krishna Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I went for the hiverc option. Unfortunately, with the verion of hive I'm
> using, it meant I had to place the file in a bin directory. Our sys admin
> was not pleased, but it look's like that issue is fixed in a later version
> of Hive (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2911)!
>

> On 14 December 2012 17:10, Ted Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Krishna,
>>
>> You can also set these properties in the mapred-site.xml, but this would
>> require a restart of your cluster.
>>
>> Ted.
>>
>> Ted Reynolds
>> Technical Support Engineer
>> Hortonworks
>> Work Phone: 408-645-7079
>>
>> <http://hortonworks.com/download/>
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> if you want this to be set at every query you execute best would have a
>>> hiverc file and then include it as hive -i hiverc
>>>
>>> alternatively, you can create a .hiverc into your home directory and set
>>> the parameters you want, these will be included in each session

>>> --
>>> Nitin Pawar

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-18, 10:15
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-12-18, 04:59