Hive >> mail # user >> Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?

Re: Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?
Krishna,
I usually put it in my home directory and that works. Did you try that?
HIVE-2911, adds another location to where it can be picked up from. If your
present version supports .hiverc (which is most likely the case), home
directory should work as well.

Mark