HBase >> mail # user >> Custom preCompact RegionObserver crashes entire cluster on OOME: Heap Space

RE: Custom preCompact RegionObserver crashes entire cluster on OOME: Heap Space
Asaf,
           You have created a wrapper around the original InternalScanner instance created by the compaction flow?

>Where do the KV generated during the compaction process queue up before being written to the disk? Is this buffer configurable?
When I wrote the Region Observer my assumption was the the compaction process works in Streaming fashion, thus even if I decide to generate a KV per KV I see, it still shouldn't be a problem memory wise.

There is no queuing. Your assumption is correct only. It is written to the writer as and when. (Just like how memstore flush doing the HFile write) As Lars said a look at your code can tell if some thing is going wrong.  Do you have blooms being used?

-Anoop-