Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Shell documentation appendix

+
Christopher 2013-04-24, 22:04
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-25, 02:09
+
Christopher 2013-04-25, 13:40
+
Christopher 2013-04-25, 13:43
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-25, 14:13
Re: Shell documentation appendix
We've been talking about changing the documentation for some time now.
Should we take a poll and commit to the change? Once a decision is made,
the work to convert from latex to the next thing can be parceled out.
However, perhaps we should be taking a whole different approach and
switching to a Semantic Wiki. Is the ability to print chapters a
requirement?
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I noticed that there's a script that grabs shell output and builds an
> appendix for the user manual PDF. However, that doesn't appear to be
> automated as part of the documentation build profile.
>
> So, the questions are:
> 1) Do we need this?
> 2) Does it need to be run manually?
>
> Also, I guess there's some extra steps to convert the LaTeX source for
> the PDF into HTML... regarding that:
>
> 1) are those steps documented anywhere?
> 2) can we automate that procedure?
> 3) do we even need it?
>
> Personally, I think it'd be better to just do the PDF for now, until
> we get Doxia or something similar working.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

+