Avro >> mail # user >> How to convert .avpr/.avdl file to .avsc file.

How to convert .avpr/.avdl file to .avsc file.
Hi All,

In my application I am getting events in avro serialized format.These data
are serialized using .avdl file in java.

In my application I have to parse those events in hive. In web tutorial I
can see ,hive understands .avsc format.

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/avroserde-working-with-avro-from-hive.html

Is there any way to convert .avpr to .avsc ?

Alternately can I directly use .avpr/.avdl in hive? Please provide example.

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh
+
sourabh chaki 2013-03-20, 14:29