Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5

+
John Vines 2013-04-25, 17:48
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 17:56
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:03
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 18:09
Christopher 2013-04-25, 18:32
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:54
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:32
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 19:37
John Vines 2013-04-25, 19:46
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:57
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 20:06
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 20:30
Benson Margulies 2013-04-25, 20:41
Keith Turner 2013-04-26, 12:42
David Medinets 2013-04-26, 19:32
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 20:19
John Vines 2013-04-26, 20:35
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 21:47
+
Christopher 2013-04-26, 23:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-30, 04:01
+
John Vines 2013-04-30, 04:32
Re: Releasing 1.5
I would also like to point out that hbase is putting out separate releases
for hadoop1 and hadoop2 (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/hbase-0.95.0). They also have
support for both via maven, however they implemented a compatibility module
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6405) which brings the schism
down to a single jar that needs to be interchanged. That may be something
we want to consider for 1.6.

The reason that I care about this is I'm working on things on top of
Accumulo, but against multiple versions of hadoop. I want to be able to
easily able to build against different versions of Accumulo 1.5 without
have to kill my local repo, reinstall accumulo built against my target
version of hadoop, etc. etc. It would be SOOOO much more convenient to just
switch my accumulo version from 1.5 to 1.5-hadoop2 and be done with it.

+
Christopher 2013-05-07, 15:23
+
John Vines 2013-05-07, 15:28