Kafka >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source

+
Chris Burroughs 2012-07-26, 15:39
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-07-26, 15:40
+
Taylor Gautier 2012-07-26, 18:31
+
Joel Koshy 2012-07-26, 18:43
+
Jay Kreps 2012-07-26, 21:11
+
Jonathan Creasy 2012-07-26, 21:35
+
Joe Stein 2012-07-28, 13:50
+
Chris Burroughs 2012-07-28, 22:49
Re: [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source
Just to throw in (an admittedly external) $0.02: with Git, at least, *everyone* has a full copy of the repo, +/- local changes, so even a catastrophic failure of the apache Git servers would still allow a reconstruct of the repo elsewhere (say GitHub, or a different apache server). AFAIK, this isn't possible with SVN.

Derek

--
Derek Chen-Becker
Lead Infrastructure Engineer