Kafka, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source

Re: [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source
Derek Chen-Becker 2012-07-30, 14:04
Just to throw in (an admittedly external) $0.02: with Git, at least, *everyone* has a full copy of the repo, +/- local changes, so even a catastrophic failure of the apache Git servers would still allow a reconstruct of the repo elsewhere (say GitHub, or a different apache server). AFAIK, this isn't possible with SVN.

Derek

--
Derek Chen-Becker
Lead Infrastructure Engineer