Hive >> mail # user >> how to combine some rows into 1 row in hive

+
zuohua zhang 2013-06-22, 22:36
Re: how to combine some rows into 1 row in hive
Using hives streaming feature is a nice option for this as it is a fairly
natural way to work with entire rows and return multiple columns

select transform a,b,c,d  using /bin/pipeprogram as a, b ,c ,d

You an also write a UDTF user defined Table function as well because this
can return more then one column.

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM, zuohua zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the following table:
> f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
> a1 a2 P x1 x2
> a1 a2 N x3 x4
> a1 a3 N x5 x6
> a4 a6 P x7 x8
>
> i want to convert to below:
> f1 f2 pf4 pf5 nf4 nf5
> a1 a2 x1 x2 x3 x4
> a1 a3 0 0 x5 x6
> a4 a6 x7 x8 0 0
>
> basically, when f3="P", I want f4 f5 to be moved to pf4 pf5
> when f3="N", i want f4 f5 to be moved to nf4 nf5
> when there is no "P" or "N" rows for the record, I want to fill in zeros
> in the corresponding fields.
>
> how to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Zuohua