Sqoop, mail # user - varbinary import

+
Cyril Bogus 2013-05-09, 21:17
Re: varbinary import
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-10, 03:20
Hi Cyril,
unfortunately Sqoop currently do not supports importing binary columns into Hive, there is JIRA SQOOP-792 [1] to add that support.

You can change your table based import to query based import and use some transformation function to convert content of the column "image" to text (for example base64 or simply a hexa), which will enable Sqoop to continue with the Hive import.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-792