MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-04, 15:32
Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
We have started testing branch-2.1-beta and for most parts the code looks
very stable. We have deployed both secure and non-secure multinode clusters.

We had some minor hiccups with some of our e2e tests breaking due to
additional setsid info being logged by the bin scripts and errors while
building with snappy turned on. Both are now fixed. Some of the e2e tests
had to be tweaked due to configuration changes in branch-2.1-beta such as
yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec has to be set to 0 to invoke the
cleanup of container tmp files, fs.trash.interval is now a server side
config etc.

We are now seeing failures while configuring short circuit read and job
summary logs(most likely configuration issues) and tests which use hftp://
and webhdfs:// are failing on secure clusters. Will file jiras after
initial investigation.

Thanks,
Ramya
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>  The vast majority of of the planned features and API work is complete,
> thanks to everyone who contributed!
>
>  I've created a branch-2.1-beta branch from which I anticipate I can make
> the first of our beta releases very shortly.
>
>  For now the remaining work is to wrap up loose ends i.e. last minute api
> work (e.g. YARN-759 showed up last night for consideration), bug-fixes
> etc.; then run this through a battery of unit/system/integration tests and
> do a final review before we ship. There is more work remaining on
> documentation (e.g. HADOOP-9517) and I plan to personally focus on it this
> week - obviously help reviewing docs is very welcome.
>
>  Committers, from now, please please exercise your judgement on where you
> commit. Typically, features should go into branch-2 with 2.3.0 as the
> version on jira (fix-version 2.3.0 is ready). The expectation is that 2.2.0
> will be limited to content in branch-2.1-beta and we stick to stabilizing
> it henceforth (I've deliberately not created 2.2.0 fix-version on jira yet).
>
> thanks,
> Arun

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-10, 11:49