HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase backup option

+
Espinoza,Carlos 2012-05-08, 20:46
+
Stack 2012-05-08, 21:06
Re: HBase backup option
Cool stuff guys! This is pretty similar to what the FB guys did with their
backup stuff. Using the WALPlayer is really nice though and solid docs.

Have you taken a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5547?
It might help with your backup M/R job (nit: not quite snapshot, but pretty
close :)

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
240-888-2200
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Espinoza,Carlos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was asked to mention this on the mailing list. At OCLC, we are working
> > towards moving our data to HBase. A huge requirement is to backup our
> > data, obviously, and seeing that this is still a work in progress, we
> > decided to write something for ourselves. Using all the resources that
> > we found available on Jira, the HBase book, etc., we came up with a few
> > tools that we are currently testing and using. We were able to upload it
> > to github, so here it is
> >

> > https://github.com/oclc/HBase-Backup
> >

> Nice.
>
> Jesse, Lars, you fellas should take a looksee....
> St.Ack

+
Espinoza,Carlos 2012-05-09, 14:22
+