HBase, mail # dev - HBase backup option

+
Espinoza,Carlos 2012-05-08, 20:46
+
Stack 2012-05-08, 21:06
Re: HBase backup option
Jesse Yates 2012-05-08, 22:10
Cool stuff guys! This is pretty similar to what the FB guys did with their
backup stuff. Using the WALPlayer is really nice though and solid docs.

Have you taken a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5547?
It might help with your backup M/R job (nit: not quite snapshot, but pretty
close :)

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
240-888-2200
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Espinoza,Carlos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was asked to mention this on the mailing list. At OCLC, we are working
> > towards moving our data to HBase. A huge requirement is to backup our
> > data, obviously, and seeing that this is still a work in progress, we
> > decided to write something for ourselves. Using all the resources that
> > we found available on Jira, the HBase book, etc., we came up with a few
> > tools that we are currently testing and using. We were able to upload it
> > to github, so here it is
> >

> > https://github.com/oclc/HBase-Backup
> >

> Nice.
>
> Jesse, Lars, you fellas should take a looksee....
> St.Ack

+
Espinoza,Carlos 2012-05-09, 14:22
+