I like the idea of reusing the WideColumn class also for Cassandra. Is
"Wide Column" a term that you've encountered elsewhere, or did you make
that up? I kinda like it, but would want to consider naming as important.

One piece of perspective too is that some databases (notably MongoDB,
CouchDB, ElasticSearch) support "wide rows" in a way, meaning that any
particular row may contain additional fields outside of the norm. Maybe we
could introduce both WideRow and WideColumn interfaces to support that sort
of behaviour?

Kasper