From: Kasper Sørensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Extending HBase support

I like the idea of reusing the WideColumn class also for Cassandra. Is "Wide Column" a term that you've encountered elsewhere, or did you make that up? I kinda like it, but would want to consider naming as important.

One piece of perspective too is that some databases (notably MongoDB, CouchDB, ElasticSearch) support "wide rows" in a way, meaning that any particular row may contain additional fields outside of the norm. Maybe we could introduce both WideRow and WideColumn interfaces to support that sort of behaviour?

Kasper