Hive >> mail # user >> How to use HCatalog with Hive?

+
Ash G 2013-09-04, 18:13
Re: How to use HCatalog with Hive?
Hi,

The hcat commandline should be available to you in the hcatalog/bin
directory if you used the hive-0.11 binary tarball.

That said, the hcat commandline is a simplified stripped down hive
commandline, and except for switches like -g, you should be able to
use the hive cli for everything you used the hcat cli for.
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Ash G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I installed Hive 0.11. I believe hcatalog is now part of of it. I do not see
> a separate HCAT  command.
> How does one use Command line hcat with hive now?
>
> Or do I need to install hcat separately?

+
Ash G 2013-09-04, 19:22