Hive, mail # user - How to use HCatalog with Hive?

Re: How to use HCatalog with Hive?
Sushanth Sowmyan 2013-09-04, 18:27
Hi,

The hcat commandline should be available to you in the hcatalog/bin
directory if you used the hive-0.11 binary tarball.

That said, the hcat commandline is a simplified stripped down hive
commandline, and except for switches like -g, you should be able to
use the hive cli for everything you used the hcat cli for.