HBase >> mail # dev >> ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download

ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download
The 1st 0.94.5 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.5-rc0/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

0.94.5 is a bug fix release. This RC has 66 issues resolved against it, contributed by 26 individuals.
These are mostly bug fixes. Also fixed is a long standing bug in replication along with lots of random test failures.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323874

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by February 11th on whether we should release this as 0.94.5.

The release testing spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdGNTUHVVY1lVZnpPT2Z5b0l2c3RoSHc#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

HBase continues to be actively maintained; changes are coming in at a rate of about two commits per day.
There is no slow down in this RC with 66 commits over the course of about a month.

Thanks.

-- Lars
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-04, 18:35