MapReduce, mail # user - Why the official Hadoop Documents are so messy?

Re: Why the official Hadoop Documents are so messy?
Glen Mazza 2013-01-08, 13:20
quote: "Obviously in the second there is a vested interested by such
individual or company to promote the product therefore things like
documentation tend to be much crispier then its ASF counterparts." --
I'm not so sure about that; in cases where companies provide commercial
wraps of products but pool their resources with other companies in
maintaining the open-souce product they're wrapping, their financial
incentive would be in keeping their commercial wrap documentation
top-notch to lure people to their wraps but less so the Apache website
documentation.

I think the original poster just needs to help out with the
documentation, check it out from SVN and submit patches to improve it
(or at least submit a JIRA as Mohammad mentioned).  I cleaned up much of
the Hadoop Wiki as I was learning from it.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza