Hi,

So I was working on this again. To display all counters from a
currently running job I've been doing

Collection<String> mapTaskCounterGroups currentJob.getCounters().getGroupNames();

When I print these values to std out this gives me the following;
[FileSystemCounters, org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task$Counter,
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat$Counter,
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat$Counter]

So when I do

int mapFileSystemCounter = currentJob.getCounters().getGroup
        ("$aboveGroups").size();

and print the values of each to std out I am getting

[FileSystemCounters, org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task$Counter,
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat$Counter,
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat$Counter]
FileSystem Counters: 2
MapRed Counters: 8
Input Counters: 0
Output Counters: 1
Total Counters: 12

This is not making sense to me...

Can anyone please help me understand where the missing counter is in
the map job?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one, it is greatly appreciated.

Lewis

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney