On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Unfortunately, our compatibility policies
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Compatibility.html>
are
rather loose and allow for changes that break downstream projects. Fixing
the classpath issues would let us tighten our policies and bring our
"compatibility store" more inline with the general expectations.

--
Karthik Kambatla
Software Engineer, Cloudera Inc.