>From MapReduce tutorial at:

*The standard output (stdout) and error (stderr) streams of the task are
read by the TaskTracker and logged to ${HADOOP_LOG_DIR}/userlogs *

Subroto Sanyal

From: Arko Provo Mukherjee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:18 AM
Subject: System.out.println in Map / Reduce

I am writing some Map Reduce programs in pseudo-distributed mode.
I am getting some error in my program and would like to debug it.

For that I want to embed some print statements in my Map / Reduce.

But when I am running the mappers, the prints doesn't seem to show up in the

Does the mappers / reducers redirect the prints to some files or are they
suppressed or it is a problem with my program?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks & regards