Hi all,

I'm planning to create a new branch for MAPREDUCE-2841, a native
implementation of the map output collector (aka mapside sort). There were
some concerns initially raised on the JIRA, but I believe the patch author
has sufficiently addressed them, such that work should move forward on a
branch.

As work proceeds, I'll also create a fixversion on the JIRA for issues
targeted towards the branch.

Thanks
-Todd
Todd Lipcon