Hi Andrew,

This feature can be disabled, It is off by default. The major change of
existing code path it Resource YARN PB record related implementations, we
did lots of tests around this regarding to performances and safety of these
changes, so far so good (please refer to my email regarding to performance
and compatibility). Beyond resource PB implementation changes, it mostly
add new code path instead of modifying existing logics. We will continue to
do more verifications next week to minimize risks.

As I mentioned, new added fields are marked as Unstable right now (and we
will convert some @evolving to  @unstable). They're all stated in javadocs.

I completely understand the recent emerging merge request makes everybody
nervous, we will try to do more tests and move fast to meet the time line.
:)

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Wangda
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Andrew Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>