Chukwa >> mail # user >> chukwa for processing log4j logs

+
sangeetha 2011-07-19, 05:21
Re: chukwa for processing log4j logs
Yes, this is a reasonable use for Chukwa.  You'll have an adaptor per
log file. Depending on your particular needs, you can either have a
custom log4j appender to set up the Chukwa side or else explicitly
configure adaptors on the log files you care about.

You will have to build the search part yourself.  Chukwa designed to
get stuff into HDFS; the rest is up to you. Of course, if you build
something generally usable and contribute it to the project, I'm sure
you'd get help with development and maintenance.

--Ari

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:21 PM, sangeetha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to aggregate log4j logs files from different systems and perform
> search on the logs.
> Is it possible in chukwa? How can I use chukwa for this?
>
> Let me know the configuration details for doing the same.
>
> Thanks,
> Sangeetha

Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department