Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] remove packaging

+
Eli Collins 2012-10-15, 17:32
RE: [DISCUSS] remove packaging
Eli,

By packaging I assume that you mean the RPM/Deb packages and not the tar.gz.  If that is the case I have no problem with them being removed because as you said in the JIRA BigTop is already providing a working alternative.  If someone else wants to step up to maintain them I also don't have a problem with them staying, so long as they become a part of HADOOP-8914 (Automating the release build).

--Bobby
-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DISCUSS] remove packaging

Hey guys,

Heads up: I filed HADOOP-8925 to remove the packaging from trunk and
branch-2.  The packages are not currently being built, were never
updated for MR2/YARN, I'm not aware of anyone planning to do this work
or maintain them, etc. No sense in letting them continue to bit rot in
the code base.

Thanks,
Eli
+