HBase, mail # user - Can manually remove HFiles (similar to bulk import, but bulk remove)?

Re: Can manually remove HFiles (similar to bulk import, but bulk remove)?
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-07-09, 19:44
You could set your ttls and trigger a major compaction ...

Or, (this is pretty advanced) you can probably do it without taking down
RS's by:
1) closing the region in the hbase shell
2) deleting the file in the shell
3) reopening the region in the hbase shell

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera