HBase >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] HBASE-10070 branch

Re: [PROPOSAL] HBASE-10070 branch
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > However, with different tables, it will be unintuitive
> > > since the meta, and the
> > > client side would have to bring different regions of different tables
> > > make sense. Those tables
> > > will not have any associated data, but refer to the other tables etc.
> > >

> > That is right.  HBase core would be go untouched.  The read replica
> > 'construct' would be an imposition done in a layer above.
> >

> This is why I like the latter idea, but maybe it isn't good enough. I need
> to check if HBASE-10070 has something on the specific objectives here
> before I ask. Did we fit the solution to the problem or the problem to the
> solution? When I was considering HBASE-2357, I came to the conclusion it
> was the latter.

I ask the above over in HBASE-10070 (if this solution is what the user
asked for).

Let me add that I just finished the design doc and it is quality and it
looks viable to me with an attempt at minimal imposition on hbase core.

Was going to check out the branch next.

St.Ack