HBase, mail # user - Is it possible to install two different Hbase versions in the same Cluster?

Re: Is it possible to install two different Hbase versions in the same Cluster?
Michel Segel 2012-04-16, 12:47
Well, you could, however you run a greater risk of things breaking because you forgot to change a setting in the configuration file. You would have to change port listeners, location of config files, all sorts of things that you wouldn't have to change if you just segmented the nodes, different zk quorum and hmaster.

I mean the simple answer is sure, why not. But the longer answer is that you need to think more about what you want to do, why you want to do it, and what the least invasive way of doing it.

Mike Segel