Accumulo, mail # user - Using Accumulo shell to add column visibility to cells containing Unicode values

Re: Using Accumulo shell to add column visibility to cells containing Unicode values
Keith Turner 2013-08-26, 20:18
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Celeste Hofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to add column visibility (a label) to cells containing Unicode
> values, using an Accumulo shell.
> However, I receive this
> ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected 4 arguments.  There
> was 6.
>

> Is the use of the Accumulo shell supported for applying column visibility
> when the value is Unicode?
>
> If it is supported, please provide a simple example, or more information.
>
> If it is not supported via the Accumulo shell, is there another supported
> approach, for example, using the Java API?

In 1.5 you can quote non alphanumeric chars that occur.   There is a
utility method to help with this.

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/security/ColumnVisibility.html#quote(java.lang.String)