MapReduce >> mail # user >> One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

+
YouPeng Yang 2013-02-24, 15:09
+
Harsh J 2013-02-24, 16:48
+
Michel Segel 2013-02-24, 17:53
+
Harsh J 2013-02-24, 19:46
+
YouPeng Yang 2013-02-25, 01:06
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-02-25, 02:40
Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation
Hi Azuryy

   Yes.that is what is.
   Thank you for your reply. I am making effort  to make clear about
federation and HA.

Regards.
2013/2/25 Azuryy Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I think you mixed federation with HA. am I right?
>
> If another name node hasn't changes, then It doesn't do any edit log
> rolling. federated NNs don't keep concurrency( I think you want say keep
> sync-able?)
>

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM, YouPeng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>>  I'm testing the HDFS Federation.I have 2 namenodes in  my cluster.
>>   I find that it is  Rolling Edit Log continuously on one
>> namenode,however the other one  changes nothing.
>>
>>  My question :
>>  1. Is it the right situation.
>>  2. I have thought that the two namenodes shoud keep concurrency.
>> why they get differences.
>>  3. is there any advanced docs about HDFS Federation.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> Regards.

+
YouPeng Yang 2013-02-25, 04:46