MapReduce >> mail # user >> MAPREDUCE-3661

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-09, 20:19
+
Harsh J 2012-08-12, 13:12
Re: MAPREDUCE-3661
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohit,
>
> If Windows is going to be your primary development platform, I suggest
> you checkout the svn branch-1-win
> (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1-win) and
> build and use that instead. That branch currently targets making
> Hadoop easier to use on Windows, and is a better approach to go
> through than to try to hack things into place.
>
> I'd prefer running on Linux myself, for we primarily develop Hadoop on
> that platform.
All our environments are linux except developer environment that we
generally prefer to be done locally on developers laptop which can be
windows or mac. That's where I was trying to get it working for windows. I
think I am almost there except this bug that occurs right at the end during
cleanup.

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I am facing this issue on 0.20.2, is there a workaround for this that I
> can
> > employ? I can create alias scripts to return expected results if that is
> an
> > option.
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3661
> >

> --