MapReduce >> mail # dev >> division by zero in getLocalPathForWrite()

Re: division by zero in getLocalPathForWrite()
I found this error again, see
https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-2.0.0/345/testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce/TestImportExport/testSimpleCase/

2013-01-12 11:53:52,809 WARN  [AsyncDispatcher event handler]
resourcemanager.RMAuditLogger(255): USER=jenkins OPERATION=Application
Finished - Failed TARGET=RMAppManager RESULT=FAILURE DESCRIPTION=App
failed with state: FAILED PERMISSIONS=Application
application_1357991604658_0002 failed 1 times due to AM Container for
appattempt_1357991604658_0002_000001 exited with  exitCode: -1000 due
to: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator$AllocatorPerContext.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:368)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:150)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:131)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:115)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LocalDirsHandlerService.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirsHandlerService.java:279)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService$LocalizerRunner.run(ResourceLocalizationService.java:851)

.Failing this attempt.. Failing the
application. APPID=application_1357991604658_0002
Here is related code:

        // Keep rolling the wheel till we get a valid path
        Random r = new java.util.Random();
        while (numDirsSearched < numDirs && returnPath == null) {
          long randomPosition = Math.abs(r.nextLong()) % totalAvailable;

My guess is that totalAvailable was 0, meaning dirDF was empty.

Please advise whether that scenario is possible.

Cheers