Hadoop >> mail # user >> puzzled at the output

Re: puzzled at the output
And a simple way to do that is actually writing a unit test, with MRunit
for exemple.

A little sample for a a full mapper-reducer test :

MapReduceDriver.newMapReduceDriver(new WordCountMapper(),new
WordCountReducer())
// given             .withInput(new LongWritable(1), new Text("word1 word2
word2 word1"))//
// then             .withOutput(new Text("word1"), new
LongWritable(2))//
.withOutput(new Text("word2"), new LongWritable(2))//
// when             .runTest();

Of course, there is also a MapDriver and a ReduceDriver. And
MRunitsupports both mapred and mapreduce packages.
So you should be able to apply it to your project.

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux