Accumulo, mail # user - Doc-Partitioned Index with Wildcards

+
Slater, David M. 2013-01-22, 17:13
Re: Doc-Partitioned Index with Wildcards
Christopher 2013-01-22, 20:40
You could store n-grams of terms, to support some limited wildcard
searching.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I’m trying to set up a document partitioned index that can handle a ranges
> of terms or wildcards for queries.****
>
> ** **
>
> So, if instead of querying “the” AND “green” AND “goblin”, it could handle
> “the” AND “green” AND “go*” (which would also return “goddess”, for
> instance). Or a search that used “the” AND “d”-“f” AND “goblin”, handling
> all values between “d” and “f”.****
>
> ** **
>
> Using a typical document-partitioned index, I’m guessing that you might
> first resolve the wildcard into a list of terms, and then do a query in the
> normal fashion. However, this seems rather inefficient. Is there a separate
> data structure that would be recommended to handle this sort of additional
> functionality?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,
> David****