Accumulo, mail # user - Programtically invoking a Map/Reduce job

+
Mike Hugo 2013-01-16, 17:11
Re: Programtically invoking a Map/Reduce job
John Vines 2013-01-16, 17:20
The code examples we have scripted simply do the necessary setup for
creating a mapreduce job and kicking it off. If you check out the code for
them in
src/examples/simple/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/examples/simple/mapreduce/
you can see what we're doing in Java to kick off jobs.

The short explanation is, just like any other MapReduce job, we're setting
up a Job, configuring the AccumuloInput and/or OutputFormats, and sending
them off like any other MapReduce job.

John
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm writing a client program that uses the BatchWriter and BatchScanner
> for inserting and querying data, but occasionally it also needs to be able
> to kick of a Map/Reduce job on a remote accumulo cluster.  The Map/Reduce
> examples that ship with Accumulo look like they are meant to be invoked via
> the command line.  Does anyone have an example of how to kick something off
> via a java client running on a separate server?  Any best practices to
> share?
> Thanks,
> Mike

+