HBase >> mail # user >> Region Balancing

Region Balancing
I know there were some changes in .90 in terms of how region balancing
occurs. Is there a resource somewhere that describes the options for the
configuration? Per Jonathan Gray's recommendation we are trying to keep our
region count down to 100 per region server (we are up to 5gb region size).
This has caused us to get a lot of hot spots relative to what we saw with
1000 regions per node. Scanning through #3373 it sounded like there is a
round-robin load balancer we can turn on instead of keeping regions pinned
as I believe they are in .90 by default. We have many tables and certain
region servers seem to get "stuck" with a single table's data in almost
contiguous ranges which really throws a wrench in our load balancing.

Thanks.
+
Stack 2011-02-02, 20:17
+