HBase >> mail # user >> restrict clients

+
Rita 2013-02-08, 15:20
+
Stas Maksimov 2013-02-08, 15:36
+
Rita 2013-02-11, 13:07
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-12, 03:36
+
Gary Helmling 2013-02-12, 04:05
Re: restrict clients
Not a simple answer.

You have to treat security like an onion.

You can restrict access to the cluster by limiting access to the cluster's subnet.
That's just the start.
You can then use IPTables to filter packets from hosts you don't want to have access.

Define what you want to accomplish and work from the network up.

Mike Segel