From: Mr 0 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 January 2014 10:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: JAVA cannot execute binary file

I have had, at some point on earlier versions of hadoop:

Inside hadoop-env.sh where you set /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/  Leave off the final slash. instead it should be /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0
Somewhere at some point it adds the /bin/java on itself.  So you are getting a double slash /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0//bin/java

Really strange, I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned anywhere that I've seen and depending on the version of Hadoop used, it will keep everything from running until you find it.

I also was getting some strange errors using jdk or any non Sun/Oracle java back then though too.

This was 3-4 years ago on whatever Ubuntu was modern but it's my best guess.

I just looked and my current test setup of Hadoop 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.10 HAS the trailing slash, with no problems.
~00