Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [vote] Incorrect definition of lazy consensus in by-laws?

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-21, 19:18
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So to make this official I propose that we change the term "lazy
> consensus" to "consensus approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus
> approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it matches the terms used in the apache
> foundation glossary.
>
> As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC members.
>
> Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more
> binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
>

> Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Thursday March 28th.

All sounds good to me, though I recommend you start a new [VOTE] thread so
that folks realize that this thread has moved on from a discussion into an
actual vote.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera