HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSSION: 0.96.0: Purge CoprocessorProtocol and all associated parts of this jettisoned engine?

Re: DISCUSSION: 0.96.0: Purge CoprocessorProtocol and all associated parts of this jettisoned engine?
> We will have to support two very different underpinnings for an exotic though
critical feature

I think this means supporting CoprocessorProtocol based endpoint RPC in
0.94 and PB based endpoint RPC in 0.96+. If so then yes.

Pro:
+ Normalizes interactions over RPC with HBase. Everything speaks protobufs.

The fact is HBase 0.96 has a redesigned RPC stack, and coprocessor
endpoints wrap RPC. This change is IMO a necessary consequence of other
changes we have already decided upon and committed.

I can help out with transitions from a 0.94 world to a 0.96+ one too.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)