Hive, mail # user - LIKE Statement

+
John Omernik 2012-04-04, 13:40
+
Keith Wiley 2012-05-14, 20:36
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-05-14, 20:52
+
Keith Wiley 2012-05-14, 21:36
Re: LIKE Statement
John Omernik 2012-05-14, 23:20
Well the link provided isn't really about what I originally asked about.  I
have not come across a SQL implementation (Postgres, MySQL, or MSSQL are
the ones I have experience in) where LIKE was "by default" case sensitive
with wildcards.  That being said, I'm not the type to based my assertions
on my own experience.

That being said, I have understood that in other implementations
users/administrators have the option to specify whether LIKE is case
sensitive (I saw that in the posted link)  Could we have that? If we can't
agree on what other databases are doing, can we at least agree that some
other databases do it differently by default, and for organizations making
the move from a more traditional system to hive, having the option may help
their transition?