Avro >> mail # user >> Converting arbitrary JSON to avro

Converting arbitrary JSON to avro
Hi-

I'm currently trying to convert already existing JSON (not generated by avro) to avro and am wondering if there is some generic way to do this (maybe an avro schema that matches arbitrary JSON)? Or are there any helpers that would allow me to map a parsed JSON onto an enxisting avro schema, given I could create one that semantically maches the JSON data I have?
Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but I'm pretty new to avro.

Thanks for any help,
-markus
+
Doug Cutting 2012-09-17, 17:35