Drill >> mail # dev >> Hangout Notes, and a question

Re: Hangout Notes, and a question
It seems that you're somewhat mixing internal formats and external apis.
 You can submit a query via sql, logical or physical.  For sql, you set
options via separate statements.  For logical and physical you set options
via the head of the plan.  Drill should internally manage the options
information to pass to other nodes as part of query execution.  In that
case, the data will be a protobuf struct as part of PlanFragment as opposed
to anything to do with logical or physical plans.  In the context of
PlanFragment, options are only relevant to that fragment and no 'session'
state is maintained on those working nodes.