HBase >> mail # dev >> Beware of PREFIX_TREE block encoding

+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-20, 02:32
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-20, 02:34
+
lars hofhansl 2013-10-20, 03:50
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-20, 04:08
+
lars hofhansl 2013-10-20, 04:12
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-20, 05:45
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-20, 11:06
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-20, 17:06
+
Matt Corgan 2013-10-21, 22:01
Re: Beware of PREFIX_TREE block encoding
Interesting.

>From this graph (HBASE-4676), PREFIX_TREE block encoding is not sensitive
to variation in block size:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12500778/SeeksPerSec%20by%20blockSize.png

What was your block size ?
If you don't bypass StoreScanner/KeyValueHeap, would that make a difference
?

Thanks
On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> What I wanted to say by this? HBase still does not have block encoding
> which is optimal for both scan and seek (re-seek).
> I do not think these goals are mutually exclusive.
>

> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer
> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com