Hive >> mail # dev >> How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?

Re: How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> "Unless you are signing up to test every release on 0.20.2 we don't have
> anyone doing the relevant testing"
>
> We spend much more time dealing with windows issues. Unless someone signs
> up to test and certify windows should we drop that as well?

Actually, Hortonworks does test the Hive releases on Windows with both unit
and system tests. There is also a big difference between supporting an
operating system and supporting all versions of an library.

Just to be clear, we made the Hadoop 0.20 release back in April 2009 more
than 4 years ago, which is more than 50% of Hadoop's entire lifetime. In
fact, it was before Hive 0.3 was released. Hadoop 0.20 is very old and the
discussion over how long to support it is well overdue.

-- Owen