HDFS, mail # user - decommissioning datanodes

decommissioning datanodes
varun kumar 2012-06-12, 15:12
Hi All,

I want to remove nodes from my cluster *gracefully*. I added the following
lines to my hdfs-site.xml

<property>

    <name>dfs.hosts.exclude</name>
    <value>/opt/hadoop/conf/exclude</value>
</property>

In exclude file i have mentioned the hostname of the datanode.

Then I run 'hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes'

On the web interface the node now appear in both the 'Live Node' and
'Dead Node' (but there's nothing in the Decommissioning Node list).

What am I missing during the decommission process?
--
Regards,
Varun Kumar.P