Hadoop >> mail # general >> Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-

Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
On 05/17/2011 07:53 PM, Matthew Foley wrote:
> And this statement of permission in the publicly available FAQ constitutes a license,
> so it is imprecise to say that ASF doesn't license its trademarks. :-)

That's not the way I interpret it.  I believe that a license would be
required to permit a use that might create confusion while the FAQ
provides sample stock phrases that are not thought to create confusion,
i.e., nominal uses.

> The Project Branding page authorizes PMCs to develop their own "Powered by <project>"
> or "<project> Inside" programs.  Has the Hadoop PMC done so?  Is there a web page
> for that?  Our "PoweredBy" page is only a list of companies and products.

There is an open issue to create a distinct "Powered by Hadoop" logo:

Doug