Zookeeper, mail # user - ZK ensemble resused or dedicated?

ZK ensemble resused or dedicated?
Hoggarth, Gil 2013-10-28, 11:20
Hi all,

Recently I stored the configs of a new Solr service in a ZK ensemble and
struggled because I'd made an error (numShards incorrectly set) but
found I couldn't edit it without risking the other configs stored in the
ZK ensemble.

In general, do you recommend that a ZK ensemble is dedicated to a single
service, or do you recommend an ensemble be used for many services? If
the latter, what's the recommended way of correcting individual service
issues without affecting the other existing configs in the ensemble?

Thanks in advance, Gil

Gil Hoggarth

Web Archiving Technical Services Engineer

The British Library, Boston Spa, West Yorkshire, LS23 7BQ

+
Ted Dunning 2013-10-28, 12:10
+
Hoggarth, Gil 2013-10-28, 13:00